Erica Ives is a Marriage & Family Therapist, the author of EATING DISORDERS: Decode the Controlled Chaos– Your knowledge may just save a life, and Media Expert. With a thriving twenty-year therapy practice, Erica continues to offer her expert insights on eating disorders, addiction, family, relationships and relevant issues afflicting women and today’s youth. In this interview, Nia Peeples, Elements of Life, talks to Erica about her book, the dark world of eating disorders, and how to understand the treatment options that are available today.
RADIO– The Darlene Hunter Show
ERICA WAS RECENTLY FEATURED IN:
- Recovery Today Online: Relapse Prevention
- SheKnows Parenting: Anorexia and bulimia: illnesses or lifestyle choices?
- allParenting: Are you addicted to the Internet?
- SheKnows Parenting: Teen Rebellion: When to Seek Help
- We disagreed on the size of our family-and our marriage ended
- Therapist offers invaluable advice for those suffering from eating disorders
- Mom.me: Foster Healthy Communication: Tips for getting through the Puberty Years
- Mom.me: Family Activities with Preteens
- Annie Jennings: Orders To Go: Disorders!
- Exploring Drunkorexia: Starving For Alcohol
- Huffington Post: How to Develop Women As Leaders
- The Philadelphia Tribune: Teens given controversial “Morning After” pill
- Deseret News: Teens turn to plastic surgery: experts tack the when and why
- Malibu Times: When Food Is The Enemy
- Toronto Sun: Quirky web series for teens tackle tough problems with animated videos
- Deseret News: Fighting the ‘good’ fight: Families find constuctive ways to handle discord
- CBS news Los Angeles: Controversy with Abercrombie & Fitch
- Yahoo! Shine: Beyonce Sketch: Robert Cavalli Explains Singer’s Distorted Image
Other published works:
For additional media inquiries and to learn more about Erica as a psychological expert, please visit